Velux Servicing Harpenden
If you want to prolong the longevity of your Velux roof window or simply give it a touch up, this is the place to look. Springfield Developments offers a range of products that will come in handy if you want to replace an air filter, repair a scratch, lubricate hinges and give your Velux window a new lease of life. We have been servcing Velux windows all accross the Harpenden area for over 15 years.
Cleaning The Air Filter
The air filter can be removed and washed with ordinary household cleaners. Fully rotate and secure the window in cleaning position, then remove the filter from the filter rail. New filters are available from Velux.
Cleaning The Velux Glass Pane
To clean the outer pane, rotate the sash 180 degrees. The sash must be secured in position by sliding the barrel bolt into the bushing at the bottom of the side frame. This safety feature leaves both hands free for cleaning. Clean the pane with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth/chamois leather/nonabrasive sponge or a clean, non-metal window squeegee. Clean water will normally be sufficient for cleaning the pane. Ordinary, non-abrasive household cleaners can also be used. Soft water is best for cleaning panes. Therefore, in hard-water areas add a small amount of detergent to soften the water or wipe off all excess water after cleaning.
- Avoid contact from silicone with the pane
- Do not use any cleaning products containing abrasive particles
- Do not use chemical products for cleaning the pane
- Avoid contact with the pane from all sharp or abrasive objects including jewellery
- Never attempt to clean off dirt on the pane without first applying water
- If any works are taking place in the vicinity of the pane, protect the pane with a clean plastic sheet to prevent any splashes or staining from aggressive and abrasive compounds.
Cleaning The Flashing
Leaves and other debris should be re moved from the flashing around the window once per year to allow rain water to flow freely.
Free Quotes & Estimates
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 0800 009 4201 or 0330 016 5099, we are always happy to call round to give you a free quote on any project you may have for us. We have many satisfied customers throughout the UK and we regularly complete major contracts across the Harpenden area.